Rubin Family ChiropracticCall Us Today 770-937-6300

I give his practice my highest recommendation!       -      Thank you for literally changing my life!      -      Life saver!      -      We love Dr. Rubin and his staff!!      -      Grateful for his expertise and personal touch...     -    Super warm and extremely family-friendly    -    Always feel so welcome and loved    -    It's rare to see healers actually walking their talk, and Dr. Rubin does that    


How Your Child Can be the Healthiest One at School

Posted: March 8, 2011
By: Dr. Drew Rubin
Our children are among the sickest in the top 100 industrialized countries of the world. The United States spends over $2 TRILLION per year (thats $2,000,000,000,000, or 2 with 12 zeros) on health care! Thats $100 BILLION more than in 1990.

Asthma is one of the fastest growing childhood problems. Ear infections run rampant through our pre-schools and elementary schools. Ritalin is being given to over 3 million boys under 10 years old every day for hyperactivity, and Prozac is being prescribed to children under 5 at ever increasing rates. Allergies are plaguing more and more of our kids today, with shots and Claritin becoming regular routines for millions of youngsters. Obviously, the United States spending more money on our health care is not producing a healthier society, and especially not producing healthier kids? What do we as parents do?

What health specialty are more and more parents turning to for relief of their issues and their childrens problems? Where did over 600 million Americans go to in 2004 for help with their health? The answer might surprise you: Chiropractic. Yes, we all know that most adults (over 80%) who go to chiropractors first visit this kind of specialist for lower back pain, headaches, whiplash or other injuries. But many of these adults learn something very unexpected about their new chiropractic lifestyle:

1. Since everybody has a spine, including their children, (only its a lot smaller), it is very important to have their kids spines checked because if the parent has a spinal problem, its highly likely that their kids may inherit it!

2. The nerve system does a whole lot more than control whether you feel pain (which is the most obvious reason why an adult goes to see a chiropractor). As a matter of fact, only 15% of the nerves function is to control whether or not you feel pain. The other 85% of the nerves function is to control the organs, the muscles, your balance, and YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM! Thats right. Your immune system, and as a parent, having a child with a healthy immune system can have a much different impact on your life than having a child who is sick every other week. Lets investigate this impact:

Money A sick child costs you a tremendous amount of money since not only are you paying for doctors visits, but for prescription and non prescription drugs, and their side effects as well. A study recently done and mentioned in the Ladies Home Journal states that the average American spends over $4000 per person on their health per year. Hence an average family of husband, wife, and 2 kids spends over $16,000 per year on their health. All that money isnt keeping them healthy, its spent trying to restore health. Health is not something you wait to find once you lose it. Rather its something you hold onto dearly everyday once you have it, so youll always have it.

Time A sick child costs you time. Time off of work, time for the child being out of school. This adds up to increase financial burdens too, since if your child cant get to school, you cant go to work, and that costs you your paycheck

The solution: If all the kids were healthier, the day care centers and schools would have healthier kids in them. Parents would take less time off of work. Parents could take all the money they used to spend on prescriptions and invest it. But how do we get our children healthy? Chiropractic care to first boost their immune system to normal, then to keep their immune system at peak performance so that they stay healthy.

Your health and the health of your children should be treated like a bank account. If you want your money to grow, youve got to keep on putting money in the bank. Then when you need to write a check, youve got money waiting there for you. Same thing with your health bank account. If you want to be healthy, you have got to do something for your health every day, and every week, to keep that precious commodity.

Many parents around the country are turning to chiropractic care not just for themselves, but for their kids too. The spine is the bodys foundation. If your childs foundation is weak and they suffer from earaches, allergies, or asthma, you might want to try something different. Chiropractic unlocks the bodys ability to heal itself for both adults and kids alike. Add that benefits to savings of time and money, and you have an alternative for taking care of your family.
Back to blog index